BMPCC Auto Turn on upon Power off

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

JasonLim

BMPCC Auto Turn on upon Power off

PostFri Apr 14, 2017 4:15 pm

I just bought a BMPCC, and after a few days of use I encountered an issue.
Upon holding on the the power button on my BMPCC, the screen turns off and shuts downs but then the BMPCC Immediately turns itself back on. This happens 3 times consecutively and later it went back to normal. At the time of this occurance, I have a 7" inch external hdmi monitor hooked up and a Kiev u16 12mm lens connected. Can someone lend a helping hand. Thanks in advance guys

Regards
Jason

Denny Smith

Re: BMPCC Auto Turn on upon Power off

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 5:28 pm

This will happen, when you hold down the power button too long. One short push will turn in the camera, then only hold it down for about 2-seconds to shut down. With some practice, you will get a feel for how long to hold or down when powering off the camera.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Denny Smith

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 5:29 pm

BM, this thread should be in "Getting Startrd" and not in Off Topic, as the question is about the Pocket Camera.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Leon Benzakein

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 pm

JasonLim wrote:Upon holding on the the power button on my BMPCC, the screen turns off and shuts downs but then the BMPCC Immediately turns itself back on.

Are you using external power at the time when this occurs?
I find that mostly happens when I use external power.

If I am shutting down for a long period, I unplug the ext. power before turning off.(Letting it run on the internal battery.)
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Return to Getting Started