"Cycling" or no audio on input - Decklink Duo 2 on Centos 6

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dimitri Tarassenko

"Cycling" or no audio on input - Decklink Duo 2 on Centos 6

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 pm

I have a problem with Decklink Duo 2 input on CentOS 6.

After a reboot, if I look at the source in Media Express, the audio will "cycle" from channels 13-14 to 9-10 to ... to 1-2 and on and on, like this: https:// goo.gl/photos/rCuMdXkoUXKF33TR6 (put the url back together to view)

If I select another source and then go back to this one the audio is gone completely.

If I use the Capture utility that comes with SDK the raw audio files come back with all zeroes.

This is on a known good source (verified using Marshall and Cobalt multiviewers and Dektec SDEye). Incidentally, the source is produced by another Decklink Duo 2 card (different server).

Is this a known problem?

andrei.loginov

Re: "Cycling" or no audio on input - Decklink Duo 2 on Cento

PostTue May 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Getting same issue with CentOS 7.3. No audio from Capture program. When running MediaExpress I can see it bouncing in between channels, but later on (even if I change focus) it dissapears.

Any ideas?

andrei.loginov

PostWed May 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Managed to fix the issue with lost sound by downgrading desktopvideo driver to version 10.6.4. Previously I tried with 10.9a7 which apparantly does not work.

Nicolas Sugino

PostFri May 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Same issue here (cycling audio and no capture with the Capture tool in the SDK), tried to update the driver because I was having "robotic" audio with the 10.6.8-a2 after several days of capture.

Return to Getting Started