ATEM Television Studio HD setup

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tamer Mahmoud

ATEM Television Studio HD setup

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello everyone-

I am interested in purchasing an ATEM Television Studio HD and I want to run my set up by you guys and see if this ideal set up would work:

I have two interview rooms - each interview rooms has two PTZ cameras.

The PTZ camera is a PTZ Optics, model: PT20X-SDI-GY-G2 which I can output using either HDMI or SDI.

As mentioned, I have two interview rooms meaning with the two cameras in the room, I would need to record the interview with the two cameras side by side (picture in picture) using 2x1 layout.

So if I have two interview rooms; each with two cameras; all connected to one ATEM Television Studio HD - is it possible for me to record both interviews separately at the same time and output two video files, one of each interview?

I've included a rudimentary diagram to help illustrate my description.

Thank you!
Attachments
ATEM design.jpg
ATEM design.jpg (63.86 KiB) Viewed 2534 times

Jack Fairley

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD setup

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 11:29 pm

TVS HD only has 1 aux output and 5 program outputs, so you won't be able to get 4 clean video feeds out from it. Is there a reason you need a switcher? You could just go directly in to four disk recorders.

Is recording the video in 32:9 that way live a requirement? If so, you'll have to look elsewhere for that. I can't think of a sane way to do it live with BMD stuff.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Harry Parker

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 am

The only way I can think to achieve this is with 2 TVS HD's. The TVS HD only has one DVE so only one PiP is possible. That said, you would still have to frame the subjects left and right in each camera to end up with 2x 8x9 portrait format images side by side. I think you would need to go to an ATEM 2M/E to do this in one switcher and I'm not familiar enough with the 2 M/E to be sure.

Jack Fairley

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Harry Parker wrote:The only way I can think to achieve this is with 2 TVS HD's. The TVS HD only has one DVE so only one PiP is possible. That said, you would still have to frame the subjects left and right in each camera to end up with 2x 8x9 portrait format images side by side. I think you would need to go to an ATEM 2M/E to do this in one switcher and I'm not familiar enough with the 2 M/E to be sure.

You'd need a 2 M/E, since you only get one DVE each. From the sketch it looks like he doesn't want to crop the video, so he'd need to scale it down and letterbox it.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

MambaFiber.com

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 pm

the 2 M/E only has one DVE, and the up to four panel super source. you'd still need to offset frame at least one shot.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Return to Live Production