BMMCC Alphaton Evf Speedbooster

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ben Dickins 2

BMMCC Alphaton Evf Speedbooster

PostMon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

I have to do some filming where I need to take a small camera, I have some questions regarding the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera.

1) Has anyone used the Alphatron EVF with this Camera, I believe it should work, BMMCC HDMI out and Alphatron HDMI In, but I want to check.

2) I own the BMCC MFT and have the Metabones BMCC to Nikon Speedbooster, would this work with the Micro Cinema Camera. I know many people are using the pocket Metabones Speedbooster with the Micro Cinema Camera but I wanted to adapt kit I already own, and as such I have the BMCC Nikon Speedbooster.

many thanks as always

Ben

Denny Smith

Re: BMMCC Alphaton Evf Speedbooster

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 pm

The BMCC Speed Booster works just fine with the Micro camera optically and mechanically. You just get a little less field of view with a given lens, compared to the Pocket Speed Booster, which optimizes for the S16 sensor with a X.58 focal length change, giving a little wider FOV with a given focal length lens.

The Alphatron should work, but not sure it supports 1080p60 (60fps) mode. That would be the only issue, it would not display anything at 1080p60 unless it can support the 60fps rate. I have the original Zacuto EVF, which works great up to 1080p30, but not at 1080p60. I use this when I am shooting 1080p24-30 frame rates. The Alphatron is a nice EVF, but there are smaller, less expensive EVS that work as well, and do support 1080p60.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Ericsson_Chu

Re: BMMCC Alphaton Evf Speedbooster

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 7:02 am

Hey there I have an alphatron and it works fine with my bmmcc ... I've shot at 23.976 and 59.94 fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Cinematography