Hyperdeck Studio Mini NO SIGNAL

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Michael Morabe

Hyperdeck Studio Mini NO SIGNAL

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 8:06 am

Night before doing my first live 9 hour broadcast at a beach volleyball event, i started to have signal issues getting my PGM OUT from my ATEM or Web Presenter into my Hyperdeck SM.

Sometimes it would load and be fine, but whenever the unit was powered off and turned back on, no signal. Sometimes it would show the resolution coming in (1080i 29.97) but then go to "No Signal."

Anyone else having issues with this at all?

Note: Everything was updated to current builds.

Larry Masters

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Mini NO SIGNAL

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Michael Morabe wrote:Night before doing my first live 9 hour broadcast at a beach volleyball event, i started to have signal issues getting my PGM OUT from my ATEM or Web Presenter into my Hyperdeck SM.

Michael,

Try pushing the record button multiple times and see if this fixes it. I had a similar problem and found a post in this forum and the issue in that post was related to the play button being pushed or something like that. Anyway, I was able to get the HD SM to "see" the input from my ATEM.

Ian Morrish

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 12:20 am

This is a real problem. Our mini's are rack mounted in the server room and we can't see if the input is being detected. When starting record from the broadcast panel it often doesn't start.
We are running 720p50 and connect the mini's to a 40x40 hub.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Michael Morabe

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 4:45 am

Larry Masters wrote:
Michael Morabe wrote:Night before doing my first live 9 hour broadcast at a beach volleyball event, i started to have signal issues getting my PGM OUT from my ATEM or Web Presenter into my Hyperdeck SM.

Michael,

Try pushing the record button multiple times and see if this fixes it. I had a similar problem and found a post in this forum and the issue in that post was related to the play button being pushed or something like that. Anyway, I was able to get the HD SM to "see" the input from my ATEM.

I'll test this out as soon as I can get everything setup back up.

Christoph Vorlicek

PostTue May 09, 2017 8:40 am

Hi,

did you resolve the Problem?

Because i have the same Problem with HD mini seeing No Signal where there is a Signal present (checked with monitor)

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 11, 2017 3:36 pm

When HyperDeck Studio Mini powers on, the default setting is for the HyperDeck to be in 'playback mode’. To switch to ‘record mode’, press the record button once and the HyperDeck will now display your input on the LCD (this will take 3-4 seconds). To start recording, press record again. Once recording is finished the HyperDeck will stay in ‘record mode’. To enter ‘playback mode’, press play once, you will see the first frame of your last recorded file. Press play a second time to begin playback.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Christoph Vorlicek

PostFri May 12, 2017 2:26 pm

thx - figured that out.

I was able to record 1080i50 but if I put a 720p50 signal on the Input it won't show nor record it, any ideas ?

Nikhil Deshpande

PostFri Jun 09, 2017 5:37 pm

I have the same issue with 720p
Put all different formats of 720p. NO signal on all of then
Any results with your units?

Brett Jungbluth

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 8:27 pm

I'd like to bump this thread for the 720p issue. we are still having issues when trying to record 720p5994. It continually says there is NO SIGNAL. Flip it to 1080 and the video will work, back to 720, no good. Any ideas or has a formal bug been produced for this version of software?

Michael Valentine

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Bumping this again. We're seeing the same issue across all 5 Hyperdeck Studio Mini's on a 1080p59.94 signal we recently bought.

Even tried putting this through a MD-HX prior to the Hyperdeck to see if it would accept another resolution or A/B level signal and nothing. Also tried rolling back to 5.0.

If I swap it out for one of our original Hyperdeck Studio's, it sees the input perfectly fine.

Think we're just going to return the ones we bought if we can't get a resolution soon.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Call or email support directly now you established the Hyperdeck is the real issue.. (As a normal hyperdeck picks up the signal just fine) And you did your best with a decimator to convert and check.

If you contact support they can put a test setup in working and see if they can reproduce this error. If so then they can push this to the engineers to fix the problem.

This is still a user forum.. Not an official support forum. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dave Del Vecchio

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 pm

I have recorded 1080p59.94 video on the HyperDeck Studio Mini without any problems. And also recorded video coming out of a Decimator MD-HX converter.

As mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, the HyperDeck Studio Mini doesn't automatically detect the input signal when in playback mode (which is the default), so you have to hit the record button just to get it to detect the input signal. This behavior is pretty confusing, especially as it works differently from the other HyperDeck models in this regard.

Also, always worth double-checking that you are using the SDI input port (and not the Ref input or one of the other SDI connectors). I've made this mistake before.

Grant McNair

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Yup. It is likely in playback mode. Press the Record button once and you should see the signal.

Return to Live Production