Decklink 4K Studio Center and LFE patched incorrectly over H

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Harris Charalambous

Decklink 4K Studio Center and LFE patched incorrectly over H

PostSat Apr 29, 2017 1:27 pm

I ran into an issue today where my Decklink card is swapping the Center Channel of a 5.1 mix with the LFE Channel.

If I swap the channel outputs in Resolve the audio then plays correctly. I noticed the same issue in another app that also uses the Decklink for monitoring.

Playing back this same QT in another app with my Kona 4 card the audio channels are correct and there isn't any need to swap anything.

I'm on the latest desktop video drivers and this is over HDMI.

I tried multiple desktop video drivers and all netted the same result or worse yet no result if I tried to force swap the channels.

Is this a card, driver or Resolve issue?

Ovi Dan

Re: Decklink 4K Studio Center and LFE patched incorrectly ov

PostSat Apr 29, 2017 7:45 pm

This is a longstanding BUG, probably in the DeckLink drivers. I think they are using the SDI channel mapping even when outputting using HDMI. I hope with this new focus on audio that BMD will fix it.

Harris Charalambous

Re: Decklink 4K Studio Center and LFE patched incorrectly ov

PostTue May 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Seems that is the case. Either this should get fixed or BMD should enable audio patching in the Desktop video app.

Return to DaVinci Resolve