R14B2 Monitoring In Edit Window

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Robert A. Ober

R14B2 Monitoring In Edit Window

PostWed May 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey Folks,

I monitor with an Avid DNxIO, which as some of you know, is essentially the UltraStudio 4K Extreme with DNx support.

With R14B2 I cannot monitor on my external monitor from the Edit page. I can monitor as before from the Color Window.

I am pretty sure I could monitor from the Edit window in 12.x. I am running Studio and the timeline is DCI 4k but I have tried other settings. I have tried Avid's 10.8.3 version of Desktop Video as well as 10.9 from Blackmagic.

Bug?

Y'all have some fun,
Robert

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: R14B2 Monitoring In Edit Window

PostWed May 10, 2017 7:20 pm

In Project Settings - Master Project Settings - Video Monitoring, do you have the "Show all viewers on video output" checkbox checked?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Robert A. Ober

Re: R14B2 Monitoring In Edit Window

PostThu May 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:In Project Settings - Master Project Settings - Video Monitoring, do you have the "Show all viewers on video output" checkbox checked?

Yep, that was the problem. Don't remember doing that before.

I was concerned that if I checked that I would see the source monitor also and I do not want that.

Thanks Dwaine,
Robert

Return to DaVinci Resolve