HDCP Problem !! help me

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Stephane Bonnet

HDCP Problem !! help me

PostThu May 11, 2017 6:42 am

Hi i want to record one output from switcher/scaler ( DVI OUTPOUT )
I have already problem with HDCP
I have 2 UltraStudio

I want to resolve problem with HDCP .. I'll try to buy a HDMI switcher >> doesn't work

there are a solution for kill HDCP in 100% case ..

I'll try to found EDID or DVI HDCP KILLER ..

PLEASE HELP ME

Stephane Bonnet

Re: HDCP Problem !! help me

JohnBengston

PostThu May 11, 2017 7:55 am

if you have legitimate reason and legal rights to remove HDCP, then the link below will have a product that will work 100% of the time with any device you can find.

https://www.hdfury.com/

Gary Colon

PostThu May 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Another solution that I came across by accident was using an HDMI extender with loop out.

I have a cam that go into the extender, then there are 2 HDMI outs, one which goes into a 7in monitor and then other back to the ATEM switcher. If I remember correctly, if you use the #2 out, whatever reason it eliminates the HDCP.

Dont ask why. I'm not sure. I just know it does it.

JohnBengston

PostThu May 11, 2017 1:33 pm

It is because the monitor is an endpoint and HDCP compliant, so it handshakes with the source device and says okay to transmit data. The 2nd output going to the ATEM is just a copy.

If you power it all down, unplug the monitor from the destination of the extender, and then power it back up without the monitor, the ATEM shouldn't get a signal. If it does, then the extender is "not compliant".

HDCP should not just be bypassed - we all make our livings in the digital media world, and whereas some source devices are a little over zealous with what they protect (like home movies burned to DVDs), but quite often bypassing HDCP is done without permission of the copyright holder. This shouldn't really be acceptable to any of us. If circumventing HDCP, you should have the legal rights to the material.

TomPWilson

PostFri May 12, 2017 1:10 am

JohnBengston wrote:It is because the monitor is an endpoint and HDCP compliant, so it handshakes with the source device and says okay to transmit data. The 2nd output going to the ATEM is just a copy.

If you power it all down, unplug the monitor from the destination of the extender, and then power it back up without the monitor, the ATEM shouldn't get a signal. If it does, then the extender is "not compliant".

HDCP should not just be bypassed - we all make our livings in the digital media world, and whereas some source devices are a little over zealous with what they protect (like home movies burned to DVDs), but quite often bypassing HDCP is done without permission of the copyright holder. This shouldn't really be acceptable to any of us. If circumventing HDCP, you should have the legal rights to the material.

The problem is that there are many fair use situations where HDCP inhibits our ability to legally use content - pretty much any time you plug a disc player into an ATEM box, you're going to have problems with that.

JohnBengston

PostFri May 12, 2017 5:26 am

TomPWilson wrote:The problem is that there are many fair use situations where HDCP inhibits our ability to legally use content - pretty much any time you plug a disc player into an ATEM box, you're going to have problems with that.

Totally understand, but I think that problem comes when using consumer kit for what amounts to be PRO use. For example discs, there are proper professional DVD / Bluray players available. For example JVC have / had a disc player / recorder that solves your issue.

http://jvcpro.co.uk/product/242/sr-hd2500eu-blu-ray-and-dvd-combi-deck/

Much more expensive, but SDI enabled, and correctly read the discs and enables / disables HDCP or in fact the SDI output depending on the flags authored into the content.

All I am really saying is if you find yourself bypassing HDCP, think twice, and ensure you have legal permission to material. Fair use can be somewhat of a "grey area", and opinion based, hence why it's often settled in court, so I'm just saying to everyone here. BE CAREFUL!

Stephane Bonnet

PostFri May 12, 2017 11:52 am

There are nothing illegal ... it's just record small conférence .. but sometimes with 1 or 2 MacBook Pro I have HDCP problems ... In 100% cas it's only powerpoint ou keynotes I wan only record outpout form switcher .

JohnBengston wrote:if you have legitimate reason and legal rights to remove HDCP, then the link below will have a product that will work 100% of the time with any device you can find.

https://www.hdfury.com/

Stephane Bonnet

PostWed May 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello i've big HDFURY integral and it's doesn't work ... is not kill hdcp .. on black magic I have black screen ... and with aver media gamer I have signal with information ( copyright ) and I see image but I can't recorded .. so I have the same problem .HOw I do to kill with 100% chance kill HDCP .. I'm not do illegaly thing but in conference work with multiple MacBook Pro and there are HDCP .... ///

Please help me to found good solution ... ( I'm a middle pro middle broadcast )

Thanks

Xtreemtec

PostWed May 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Well then you have to look why they go in HDCP protect mode.. Because normally a macbook does not send HDCP if it is not needed.. :!: :!:

So there is something with the content that is not OK..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Stephane Bonnet

PostWed May 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Exactly ... HDFURY work with TV but not with recorder ultra studio or avemedia .

I have an advice for transform SIGNAL TO ANALOG nut I'am blocked ...

I'll must be found solution for record HDCP signal with ultra studio + Video assist ...

Xtreemtec

PostWed May 24, 2017 4:05 pm

There is NO clean sollution to record HDCP protected content as this is forbidden by LAW!!

Offcourse HDCP will work with your tv.. Even without the HDFury.. Because the TV complies with the HDCP standard and the manufacturer follows the HDCP code and pays the fee's..

Really find out why those macbooks are playing out content with HDCP in the first place.!! Because they don't do that by default.. There is something that triggers them to do that..

There are hunderds of users out there using there macbooks as playout on the atem or capture devices without problems.. And without HDCP because normally HDCP is not enabled..

HDCP is only enabled if you play a movie.. (Content protection) or you use specific software that seems to turn on HDCP..

But again normally they don't output HDCP!! Are you sure the problem is HDCP? Is it not something like resolution / framerate error.. If you connect a camera or other source do you get picture then?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Stephane Bonnet

PostWed May 24, 2017 4:09 pm

but it's not only a Mac book pro .. it's setup

Maybe Analogway VGA
Maybe analogway Pusle DVI
Maybe 1 pc VGA
Maybe 1 Mac DVI

the problem is I must assure record ... it's for record output scaler ( video+powerpoint show with sound ) and maybe With 1 cam for have side to side final vidéo ...

Fred Rodrigues

PostWed May 24, 2017 5:08 pm

The analogue way gear has settings to turn HDCP on and off. If you really dont have any copy protected content playing on the computer then you just need to check the setting of the other gear in the path (like the PLS) and make sure you have HDCP turned off for all the inputs and the output.

Otherwise the only time that HDCP will turn on on a laptop is playing protected content. There are some boxes that strip the HDCP, of course they are breaking copyright and not technically legal. Otherwise check your signal chain.
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Stephane Bonnet

PostWed May 24, 2017 5:38 pm

I said that it's not me who broadcasts. This is a conference the person uses her mac or pc with sound. Can be protected and can sound is activated or can be HDCP uses protected content. I just need to be able Recorder video output.

rogersuski

PostWed May 24, 2017 7:40 pm

The way that Apple chooses to implement HDCP is a pain in the arse, and it changes all the time, making it hard for infrastructure AV guys to keep current.

Typically what we see at my organization is flat out denial of any display from a Mac laptop connected via HDMI. Not only when playing copyrighted, protected movies, but bupkis even when displaying a desktop or wanting to display a two line PPT.

There are many variables in a room distribution chain as to why this would be, but suffice to say, it is a headache. Usually because a distro amp somewhere doesn't do the handshake properly. Room guys never see it as they are gonna have Win machines. They plug it up, see screen and move on. Trust me. There's like 200 rooms on this campus, and it is a continuing headache.

Few ways around this. Put a MD-HX in between the Mac HDMI and the rest of the chain. This will make the room happy and pass stuff through. You can then take the SDI output of this and send to your record.

Put an Extron 1606 between the mac and the room system. A bit of overkill, but also works. The 1606 has dual HDMI outs, so one can go to room, the other to you.

Stephane Bonnet

PostThu May 25, 2017 9:30 pm

you know if MD-HX is possible to scale for example HDMI 1080p input >> 1080i SDI ?

you confirm setup ?

rogersuski wrote:The way that Apple chooses to implement HDCP is a pain in the arse, and it changes all the time, making it hard for infrastructure AV guys to keep current.

Typically what we see at my organization is flat out denial of any display from a Mac laptop connected via HDMI. Not only when playing copyrighted, protected movies, but bupkis even when displaying a desktop or wanting to display a two line PPT.

There are many variables in a room distribution chain as to why this would be, but suffice to say, it is a headache. Usually because a distro amp somewhere doesn't do the handshake properly. Room guys never see it as they are gonna have Win machines. They plug it up, see screen and move on. Trust me. There's like 200 rooms on this campus, and it is a continuing headache.

Few ways around this. Put a MD-HX in between the Mac HDMI and the rest of the chain. This will make the room happy and pass stuff through. You can then take the SDI output of this and send to your record.

Put an Extron 1606 between the mac and the room system. A bit of overkill, but also works. The 1606 has dual HDMI outs, so one can go to room, the other to you.

Markus Leodolter

PostThu May 25, 2017 10:12 pm

your setup won't work.
Md hx only has hdmi and sdi input. no vga or dvi.

md hx even don't has any posibility to plug in a xlr cable. so you need a solution for sound. 4his could be a usb sound card if you can choose it as an input in wirecast.
for me steinber ur 22 mk ii works well.

yes, md hx can scale these resolutions

Stephane Bonnet

PostThu May 25, 2017 10:17 pm

For sound no problem my problem is in video

Possible DVI>HDMI adapteur and VGA>HDMI ( actif adapter )

MD-HX do anything with HDCP ?

Pat Samson

PostMon May 29, 2017 11:14 pm

I’ve heard these HDMI splitters are able to do what HDFury can’t. I’m not sure if they work with Apple products, but they’ve been proven to work on PCs. Since they aren’t that expensive, it might be worth a small investment to see if they solve your problem. ;) :ugeek: 8-)

HDMI 1.3b and prior:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ViewHD-1x2-HDMI ... Swu1VW74e7

HDMI 2.0 and later:
https://www.amazon.com/Revesun-Splitter ... 3dcde20c2c

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ligawo-3080001 ... VUXKB8#Ask

Stephane Bonnet

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 6:53 am

You can say me if lightwave EDID Manager V4 kill HDCP ? I think is only broadcast or semi pro solution ..

Stephane Bonnet

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 3:22 pm

I have buy this article and doesn't kill HDCP

Marc Gasser

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 11:57 am

Since I was not able to record my own created content via HDMI, here is the solution which worked for me:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1x2-HDMI-S ... 2749.l2649

It also sends audio thru.
Its only up to FullHD.

Für 4k material I tried with this one: 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blu-ray-HD-DVD ... Sw5cNYHjqM

But it works only sometimes, depending in which sequence you are connecting the devices.
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, AMD Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 64 GB Ram.
https://www.pocketvj.com
https://www.magdesign.ch

Return to Live Production