fairlight tab double audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

fairlight tab double audio

PostThu May 11, 2017 10:35 am

Resolve 14 beta finally works at my pc! So straight away i decided to test some things out and one of the first things i noticed was a double (slightly delayed) audio output in the fairlight tab. It sounds like it's playing the system audio and the decklink audio (which is a little delayed due to the routing ) at the same time. It looks like it is set correctly in the preferences, to decklink output checked and system output unchecked. at the edit/color tab it works fine.

How can i fix this?
Also, i cant find any audio effects. in the window there is just a message with ''no audio plugins installed''
are there just no build-in effects?

Jeff Brass

Re: fairlight tab double audio

PostThu May 11, 2017 11:17 am

you need to turn the volume down on all/any system audio devices, or diasble them, and have just the decklink audio going.

I ended up just disabling all my other audio devices and system audio seem to play out through the decklink just fine, but turning the volume down on them works too.
Win10 Pro x64 | i7 5930k|64GB RAM |GTX 1080 8gb | Mini Monitor | DR Studio 16.2

Jeff Brass

PostThu May 11, 2017 11:20 am

and no, there isn't any installed effect plugins at the moment.

There is a compressor, limiter, eq - in the fairlight tab, above the track fader (on left) double click the "eq" to bring up the eq, double click the "dynamics" to bring up the compressor and limiter.

these work on the whole track. I haven't been able to get the clip eq to work yet
Win10 Pro x64 | i7 5930k|64GB RAM |GTX 1080 8gb | Mini Monitor | DR Studio 16.2

Rick van den Berg

PostThu May 11, 2017 11:39 am

thanks, got it working now.

Return to DaVinci Resolve