Fairlight DAW Surface Controller

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Cedric Akins

Fairlight DAW Surface Controller

PostFri May 19, 2017 1:28 am

Does Fairlight allow for DAW controll from controllers like Behringer X-TOUCH, M-Audio ProjectMix, M-Audio ProjectMix I/O or any other controller like that?

Uli Plank

Re: Fairlight DAW Surface Controller

PostFri May 19, 2017 4:07 am

I'd doubt it, but haven't tested myself.
I expect the same concept like with other hardware from BM:
Shell out the software for free (or next to nothing) and make the money that any company needs to feed the programmers from their own hardware.
Still very fair if a really old Fairlight controller still works while older ones for Avis's Pro Tools are just an expensive doorstop now.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Cedric Akins

Re: Fairlight DAW Surface Controller

PostSun May 21, 2017 6:19 am

Makes sense. I hope that they will announce a 8 channel mixer surface controller for fairlight. It may be wishful thinking that the controller be relatively inexpensive. Also once version 14 is available for sale I am planning on purchasing it. I have used the free version because I could not rationalize buying the full version just for noise reduction at a $1000. But now that the price is now at $300 I will make the plunge

Return to DaVinci Resolve