Adding 5th ATEM camera converter to ATEM studio converter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ed Liew

Adding 5th ATEM camera converter to ATEM studio converter

PostTue May 16, 2017 11:13 am

Hi there,
I'm using a ATEM studio converter and 4 ATEM camera converters. I'm thinking of adding an additional camera converter to my current set up, is it possible? I've tried soldering cables to link up the ATEM studio via the talkback loop to a ATEM camera converter but get nothing on the intercom. Anyone here had any success? Appreciate all the assistance.
Thank you.
Ed
Ed
Visual Line

Xtreemtec

Re: Adding 5th ATEM camera converter to ATEM studio converte

PostWed May 17, 2017 10:56 am

Well the Talkback on the Atem camera converter is not that good to start with..

What is the source of the audio you try to put into it? How did you wire it up.??

Did you put the Atem Camera converter in PGM mode??
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Ed Liew

PostSun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Well the Talkback on the Atem camera converter is not that good to start with..

What is the source of the audio you try to put into it? How did you wire it up.??

Did you put the Atem Camera converter in PGM mode??

Hi Daniel,
Yes, the intercom isn't the best but it does perform with PC headset as with Telex and Clearcom one. It'll do for now.
As ATEM Studio Converter is built to handle 4 source but it has the AES/EBU Talkback Loop, I was wondering if anyone have had success linking intercom to a 5th ATEM Camera Converter. I have tried patching the talkback loops mic and headphone to a ATEM Camera Converter talkback mic and intercom, which is pair to another ATEM Camera Converter via fiber optic cable but to no success. Not sure if I switch on the PGM fir the Converters. Does it make a difference? Any idea if it's possible to add additional converter?
Ed
Ed
Visual Line

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello Ed. The only way to add additional cameras is to add additional Studio or Talkback Converters. This is done using the AES in/out as you suggest. The AES In/Out is for adding multiple converters or interfacing to 3rd party intercom systems. Simply feeding another microphone and headset here will not work because there is no side-tone handling of the audio. There may be more complication here that cannot be answered in a quick response.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production