Hyperdeck Studio Mini UHD on HDMI port ?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Peter Fizgal

Hyperdeck Studio Mini UHD on HDMI port ?

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 7:16 pm

For an upcomming tradeshow we would like to create a videowall and play content on 2 UHD screens, creating a final resolution of 7680 x 2160.

I am looking at using 2x Hyperdeck Studio Mini, synced through the ref in and out port, but when going through the tech specs on the website I am wondering if the Mini can play UHD content through the HDMI connector or not ?

The reason why I am not sure is that when looking at the tech specs for the Hyperdeck Pro and 12G, it clearly states "1 x HDMI type A connector including Ultra HD 4K support"
However, for the Mini, it only states : "1 x HDMI type A connector"

So does this mean that the Mini is unable to play UHD through the HDMI output ?

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Mini UHD on HDMI port ?

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 9:11 am

Good question.. They don't state it that good...

Under supported resolutions is:
Ultra HD Video Standards

2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30

So i would guess that it would be able to play back the 4K files up to 2160P30 trough HDMI too....

But documentation on the website is OFF..
Copy Protection

HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution.

Which HDMI input???? :roll: Classic Copy Paste mistake... :lol:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Peter Fizgal

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Mini UHD on HDMI port ?

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 10:49 am

Indeed, the text is very confusing.
The only reason I ask is that for other products they specifically state that the HDMI port is 4K capable... but not for this product...

The SDI on the other hand is properly described in the specs, so the lack of info about the HDMI port is a bit strange.

In the meantime I have tried to contact sales and also support at Blackmagic..

edit : just after posting this, I received a response from Blackmagic support that I'll paste here for reference (if anybody in the future has the same question)...

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch, my apologies for this delayed response.
The Hyperdeck Studio Mini can playout upto UHDp30 via its HDMI output port. The specs for the SDI and the HDMI output ports are exactly the same, barring any PsF formats as this is not a standard for HDMI to my knowledge.
Mac Pro 2019 - 12core 3.3 - 48Gb Ram - All SSD - AMD Radeon VII - macOS 10.15.2

Return to Live Production