'Use Mac Display Color profile for viewers' FOR PC?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jim Cullen

'Use Mac Display Color profile for viewers' FOR PC?

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 11:47 am

I used to use 'Use Mac Display Color profile for viewers' (in Color Managment) in Resolve for Mac. I think a similar option for PC would be good (or may even exist elsewhere?)

I have a problem that Resolve on my PC (Dell XPS) has the same colours as Windows picture viewer / desktop which are over-saturated (whereas Photoshop takes on the profile settings from the ICC profile generated by i1Profiler/i1Display).

The screen grab shows reds in Resolve and Chrome as overly red and the Photoshop rendition which is correct.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Ndm_Ejp8HqTnp3ZkRJNjZ6TTQ

Please help as it would be nice to have some accuracy to this screen/Resolve and not rely on connecting an external monitor.
Jim Cullen

Marc Wielage

Re: 'Use Mac Display Color profile for viewers' FOR PC?

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 1:15 am

You need to connect an external monitor through a Blackmagic display device for best results. Anything else is going to be compromised.

I don't dispute that it's nice to have a calibrated GUI display, but I still wouldn't rely on it for color.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Jim Cullen

Re: 'Use Mac Display Color profile for viewers' FOR PC?

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks for your reply Marc
Jim Cullen

Return to DaVinci Resolve