Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro IRIS Value

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Syam Kovelamudi

Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro IRIS Value

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 5:51 am

Hello,
I got a Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro with EF mount. I am using this with the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 ART lens and found that the IRIS value is not displayed on the LCD screen and I am unable to use the IRIS wheel to control this setting. I tried to see if it worked with the Canon 50mm f1.8, but same problem. Cannot control IRIS.

I have tested these two lenses on a Canon DSLR and they work without any issues. Has anyone faced this issue or have any tips that might help?

Thanks,
Syam

Denny Smith

Re: Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro IRIS Value

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 12:58 am

Is your Mini Pro updated to the recent latest firmware, which adds addition Canon lens support. Also, you need to have the Sigma Art lens updated with its latest firmware before it will work properly. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Dan Smith

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 am

Syam Kovelamudi wrote:Hello,
I got a Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro with EF mount. I am using this with the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 ART lens and found that the IRIS value is not displayed on the LCD screen and I am unable to use the IRIS wheel to control this setting. I tried to see if it worked with the Canon 50mm f1.8, but same problem. Cannot control IRIS.

I have tested these two lenses on a Canon DSLR and they work without any issues. Has anyone faced this issue or have any tips that might help?

Thanks,
Syam

Hi, did you get a fix for this in the end? I am bidding on a sigma dock to do the firmware update, but I feel like since my lens was purchase in may, it would already have any relevant firmware update.
Thanks
dan

Denny Smith

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Not necessarily, depends on when the lens was made. It could be new “old stock” sitting on a shelf for a while.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Dan Smith

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Not necessarily, depends on when the lens was made. It could be new “old stock” sitting on a shelf for a while.
Cheers

good point. fingers-crossed then.
Thanks!

James Harkness

PostFri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Someone commented on another forum saying you need the mounting dock for your sigma, and update the sigma firmware.

Return to Cinematography