Intensity Pro and Random Restarts

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Richard Spriggs

Intensity Pro and Random Restarts

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 1:08 am

Hi everyone,

I recently installed a new Intensity Pro to upgrade my streaming capabilities.

All seemed to be going will with the installation, I am getting signal from the camera, everything looks great. However, there is a problem.

With the card installed, the machine now randomly reboots. Uninstall the card, no problems. Put it back in, random reboots again.

I suspect this has something to do with interaction between the card and the motherboard (GA Z77 series) as on some of these reboots I get a "BIOS corrupted" message, and have to reflash it in.

Is this a problem that has been seen before? Is there a solution?

Xtreemtec

Re: Intensity Pro and Random Restarts

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Try a different slot on your motherboard.. Sometimes the card do interfere with other devices on the bus you put the card on..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Richard Spriggs

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 12:44 am

Xtreemtec wrote:Try a different slot on your motherboard.. Sometimes the card do interfere with other devices on the bus you put the card on..

I left the rig running last night, and after 10 hours without restart I am happy to declare that the above appears to have worked. If any other new users read this, be aware that just because your motherboard is listed in the recommended list, it does not mean it's all smooth sailing! Be prepared with your BIOS update drive just in case.

Thanks,

Richard

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 9:07 am

Great to hear it fixed your problem ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started