Text not showing up when placed in timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mattbartholomai

Text not showing up when placed in timeline

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 2:48 am

Hi I just got Davinci Resolve 14 and im trying to add text. When I drag the title text into the timeline, and type something, nothing shows up on the preview screen. Any ideas of whats going on?

pogopod98

Re: Text not showing up when placed in timeline

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 1:41 pm

I am having the same issue. Did you ever get an answer to this? Not only can I not see the text but if the text is on top of a video clip, that is blacked out too. If I remove the title from the timeline the video clip plays again.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 4:35 am

Guys, please review

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69837
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Kasubi

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 2:35 pm

Hi guys. I had the same problem, but seems to have resolved itself.

V. 17.4.5, Windows 11, Acer Nirto 5, both GPUs (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 and AMD Radeon) functioning well within limits.

In my previous session, I inserted text to the left of the arrow that says 'This is Idjwi.' Everything worked fine, no problem. I opened the project today and - no text. I checked to make sure it wasn't the sizing or anything, and I removed the original text and tried inserting it afresh - still nothing. Text later in the video was still working absolutely fine.

I've just left the project without saving changes and opened it again - and the text came back.

Odd. I can't see any reason for this happening, but seems to be a temporary blip.
Attachments
Davinci screenshot.jpg
Davinci screenshot.jpg (101.61 KiB) Viewed 3009 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve