Sharon Stone film Graded with DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Sharon Stone film Graded with DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that Mark Todd Osborne, founder and senior digital colorist of MTO Color Inc., conformed, graded and finished the new independent film “A Little Something for Your Birthday” using a DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel alongside DaVinci Resolve Studio.

Starring and produced by Sharon Stone, as well as MRB Productions, “A Little Something for Your Birthday” tells the story of a woman struggling to find success and love, cutting into her life every year on her birthday. Written and directed by Susan Walter, the coming-of-age story was shot by DP Pedro Gómez Millán and also stars Tony Goldwyn, Famke Janssen and Academy Award-winner Ellen Burstyn.

“As a colorist you’re making 100 decisions a minute, so you really don’t want technology to get in the way. It has to allow you to stay in the creative flow,” explained Osborne. “The DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel does just that. It’s completely fluid. With all of DaVinci Resolve Studio’s tools a button press away, the control panel allows me to work very quickly. It’s designed intuitively, and it keeps all of the important features at the surface so I don’t have to waste time sub-drilling to find the commands I need. There’s almost a fengshui to it.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0170725-01

Return to Announcements