H.264 Pro Recorder

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jerry Tribe

H.264 Pro Recorder

PostSun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 am

Hi
I took delivery of a BMD-VIDPROREC yesterday, retailed mail order by CVP in England (6 Aug 2017) and it appears to be DOA.The power light is lit!

It's connected by a USB cable to a Win 10 x64 PC and is not recognized by the Media Express, or any of the other supplied software. Doesn't work on an HP DL380 G7, running Server 2012 either!

When I received it, I noticed that top cover was on the wrong way around, suggesting it had been opened at some stage post production.

Possibly I'm missing something obvious. Any suggestions? :oops:

thanks
Jerry.

Colin Barrett

Re: H.264 Pro Recorder

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 am

The obvious question, I know, but have you properly installed the Desktop Video package and then checked the connectivity settings in Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup? Media Express won't be able to talk to the hardware until this package is installed.
Blackmagic Teranex 2D, Ultrastudio Express, Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt), Two H.264 Pro Recorders (Mac OSX) & lots of old VTRs used for digital archiving of legacy video formats for major libraries, broadcasters, universities and public archives.

Ian Morrish

Re: H.264 Pro Recorder

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Jerry Tribe wrote:Hi
I took delivery of a BMD-VIDPROREC yesterday, retailed mail order by CVP in England (6 Aug 2017) and it appears to be DOA.The power light is lit!

It's connected by a USB cable to a Win 10 x64 PC and is not recognized by the Media Express, or any of the other supplied software. Doesn't work on an HP DL380 G7, running Server 2012 either!

When I received it, I noticed that top cover was on the wrong way around, suggesting it had been opened at some stage post production.

Possibly I'm missing something obvious. Any suggestions? :oops:

thanks
Jerry.
Try the 10.9.5 driver as it fixes a known usb detection issue. See the readme https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... f1ceccd30f

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Return to Getting Started