Exporting w/ frame handles and keyframes

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Drew Moe

Exporting w/ frame handles and keyframes

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 1:30 am

I'm working on a project with a different workflow then what I'm used to, and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out how to best approach it.

Usually I export a single clip of the timeline and I'm done, maybe with some vfx or extra bits at the end of the timeline. The editor needs the export to be individual files with 48 frames of handles. Not that big of a deal, but there's going to be a bunch of frame-specific corrections that won't carry over into the handles. Specifically, tracking, stabilization, and beauty work.

If I export as-is, those corrections are static for the first 48 frames, then they do their thing once the actual clip starts, and then freeze again for the ending handles.

Is there a way to bake the handles into the timeline? Like add 48 frames of handles into every clip at either end on the timeline? That way I could continue my tracking and what not into the handles as if they're just part of the clip.

Is there some other way for me to make this work I'm not thinking of? Thank you!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Exporting w/ frame handles and keyframes

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 am

Checkout the View menu, show current clip with handles.
use this in the color page to extend all your tracking effects into the handles.
then when you render they will have all the elements you need.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Drew Moe

Re: Exporting w/ frame handles and keyframes

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 pm

That's awesome! Thank you!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve