How to lock a Window circle or Polygon

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Carlos Niño

How to lock a Window circle or Polygon

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 7:46 am

Hi,

I'm editing some studio footage and in one of the cuts I used a real spot light that moves from bottom to top of the frame. The problem is that in Resolve, when I create a Window circle to lighten up an area at the top of the frame and I track it, the Window circle I created deforms as the real spot light moves up in the footage.

Thanks!

Hector Berrebi

Re: How to lock a Window circle or Polygon

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 5:56 am

Carlos Niño wrote:Hi,

I'm editing some studio footage and in one of the cuts I used a real spot light that moves from bottom to top of the frame. The problem is that in Resolve, when I create a Window circle to lighten up an area at the top of the frame and I track it, the Window circle I created deforms as the real spot light moves up in the footage.

Thanks!

Hi Carlos

Hope I understood correctly.

You can try to disable Zoom and Rotate (and probably 3D) in the tracker window, this will only track movement of your window and therefor not deform it.

Also. once tracked, you can switch to Frame mode and make keyframed adjustments to your mask. Remember to switch back to Clip once you finish touching up.

hector.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Return to DaVinci Resolve