14b8 audio export / slip mode / fields

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Trevor Asquerthian

14b8 audio export / slip mode / fields

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 10:48 pm

R14b8 QUICK THOUGHTS

Haven’t pushed it very hard at all (b9 will probably be out before I get time to do that!)

DELIVER: AUDIO OUTS
Set up timeline with 2 x stereo subs (SUB1:FX and SUB2:VO) mixing to Stereo Main

In deliver page I can only seem to select 1 x stereo output (Main or either of the Subs) for a DNX timeline as single clip export. Can I add output channels? Does this depend on having more than stereo outputs available (i.e. IO attached)?

SLIP MODE: MISSING 4-up OVERRIDE
In slip mode, whilst slipping, the record monitor goes to a 4 up display, and shift+q will toggle this display correctly, but, according to the manual, shift on its own should override, but does not appear to.

n.b. it would be better if shift and shift+q were to instantly toggle the 4-up on/off, rather than waiting for the next frame slip command.

EDIT: JOG BY FIELDS:
Is there a way to jog or step by fields, rather than frames, in the timeline? Doesn’t appear to be.

DISPLAY: SINGLE FIELD NOT WORKING:
Changing user UI settings to ‘output single field when paused’ doesn’t seem to have an effect on my timeline - both fields are merged on the computer display (i.e. no IO hardware attached currently).

Return to DaVinci Resolve