C300 markii Studio Setup

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Robert Seagle

C300 markii Studio Setup

PostWed Aug 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Does anyone know a good setup for a canon C300 markii to be used in a permanent studio setting? I am planning to get a few C300 markiis and canon 17-120 servos to go with them. I need a set up to constantly power the camera, lens, and a monitor that uses sony L batteries. Since I will be using the SDI out to connect to my ATEM switcher I can run some wires for power, I just would like to not to have to use batteries I have to charge and replace.

Denny Smith

Re: C300 markii Studio Setup

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 6:00 am

I think this is a question for a Canon Cxx users site, not here. :roll:
My question is why do you want to use a $10K Cinema camera in a TV Studio live switching studio situation? There are better camera options that are designed for live switching situations.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Robert Seagle

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Thanks for pointing me in that direction! As for the why, it really comes down to budget and price. There are great studio cameras out there but when finding one that can output 4k the price goes way over $10k. As for blackmagic's studio cams, I'm sure they are good but there just aren't the servo lenses out there yet that we need for them in our research, blackmagic even said that themselves.

Denny Smith

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 5:01 am

Look at the new Panny EVA-1, it will support all the Canon EF Pro Servo lenses. Also, the Ursa Mini Promhas a nice B4 mount available thatbdoes support Sony/Canon and Fuji ENG B4 Servo lenses, in addition to Canon EF Servo and P! Servo lenses, which,rub from $8 pK to $15K.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Off-Topic