Canon Vixia R800 with Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Kelly Tenhove

Canon Vixia R800 with Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Cannot for the life of me get these to work. I have setup the most recent Desktop Video from Blackmagic support site. I have an HDMI from the Canon going into the Blackmagic intensity shuttle, and the USB 3.0 from the shuttle into the computer. What settings should I use to get these to work together?

Blackmagic Media Express says "Blackmagic hardware cannot be found in your system" "Please check your installation".

Brand new Canon Vixia R800
Brand new Blackmagic shuttle USB 3.0
WIndows 7, 64 bit, 12GB ram. Intel Cor i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz

Xtreemtec

Re: Canon Vixia R800 with Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3

PostFri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am

Does your laptop support the Intensity shuttle.. ;) If it does not have a Renesas 720200 USB 3.0 chipset your are most likely never get the shuttle to work.. They are only certified for this USB chipset.. If you have an USB3 chipset from intel you should search the forum.. There is a way arround it to get it to work with a specific driver..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started