Blackmagic Cinema Camera

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

Blackmagic Cinema Camera

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Blackmagic Design has been overwhelmed by the fantastic response from the very first few customers that have received their cameras. Naturally the question on everyone’s lips is when is more stock shipping? As you can understand the Cinema Camera is a highly advanced piece of equipment and therefore requires only the highest level of quality components. At this time certain components are coming into our factory slower than expected and as a result the manufacturing of units has slowed. We ask that you please be patient with us as we are doing our best to get more stock flowing within the next few weeks. In the meantime we are pleased to announce that our engineering team has not been resting and we have more features and updates coming to the next free firmware update.

Thank you for your patience. We will be communicating more detailed updates on shipping when that information is available.

Terry Frechette

sean mclennan

Re: Blackmagic Cinema Camera

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks for the update Terry.

So is it going to be flowing in dribs and drops for the foreseeable future or is there any sort of actual timeline when you hope/expect regular production to be running again?

cheers
sean

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 pm

For the next several weeks, very limited shipping. Cameras will be shipping though, but in small numbers.

Would love to give dates and a more exact timeline, but right now we can't until we get info on when that slow to arrive component will arrive in bulk. When we know that, we will communicate when we will be shipping in volume right away.

Terry

Kholi Hicks

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

IBC going on and all probably doesn't make it any easier to field questions about this.

Thanks for taking the time, Terry.
Kholi Hicks

Dylan Reeve

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 9:34 pm

For those of us that spent a few years following RED, this sort of thing is hardly new :)

Turns out it's hard to manufacture cameras. Who'd have thunk it?

Peter Lloyd Culley

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 1:51 am

My mum told me "Good things come to those that wait"... Good wine and good cheese being excellent examples...

PetePolyakov

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 2:23 am

Peter Lloyd Culley wrote:My mum told me "Good things come to those that wait"... Good wine and good cheese being excellent examples...

With all my respect Peter, cameras not a wine, or a cheese. They evolute too fast and during the time when you will wait when your cheese and wine will get this nice smell and taste, people will buy some other cameras, better, faster, larger. Several months ago 256gb SSD 6gbit disks was $400-500. Now you can get them less than $150.

RichDorato

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:05 pm

All the resellers I've spoken to are saying that the US distributer likely wont see the very first unit arrive until possibly November at the soonest. That doesn't sound like "a few weeks". What is a reasonable amount of time someone first on multiple Pre-order lists will likely wait? Are any units being shipped out this month or are we all going to be waiting longer than you expected?
www.whoatemyteeth.com

Return to Getting Started