Corrupted Resolve Project Recovery

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Shane Oconnor

Corrupted Resolve Project Recovery

PostMon Sep 04, 2017 2:59 am

Hello All,

Looking to see if anyone might have some insight on the matter before I admit defeat on this current problem.

Spent the day grading a spot. Saving as I go. At lunch I closed resolve and then opened it and everything was fine. Put a full day into it and after my final watch through before I rendered for client my machine BSOD. Not an issue I thought, I have autosave on so I'm only losing five minutes.

Reboot and the project no longer shows up in the project manager. Project folder still exists in the database folder within windows, but will not show up within resolve. Two of the three xml's in the project folder are now empty with only the project xml showing anything in it.

To the best of my research and tinkering it would seem the project is gone forever.

Anyone have any last minute ideas on how I could potentially salvage this project?

Windows 10
Resolve 12.5.6

Glenn Venghaus

Re: Corrupted Resolve Project Recovery

PostMon Sep 04, 2017 6:58 am

Package up that whole directory and send it to BM
Beatstep & APC-40 Resolve Edition Controllers https://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com
Test Rig : 2xXeon (24c) | UNRAID KVM OSX VM's | 128GB | 5700XT | 40Gbe
Prod Rig : i9-7940X (14c) | OSX 10.15 | 64GB | 2xVega 56 | 40Gbe | Tb3 | V:Eizo | A:5.1RME

Return to DaVinci Resolve