ATEM 1 M/E BROADCAST PANEL ISSUE

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Robert Mungillo

ATEM 1 M/E BROADCAST PANEL ISSUE

PostWed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 am

Recieved a used Atem Panel and have to power cycle a few times to get it to turn on. If not, I get Pink buttons and no amount of waiting will do anything. When its on, it works great and stays solid. But having to turn it on and off multiple times to get it going is a bit worrisome .
Any ideas?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM 1 M/E BROADCAST PANEL ISSUE

PostWed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Have you updated the firmware on the unit at all and if so, what version? Was it happening on the previous version of firmware if you have updated the unit? Also, both the switcher and the panel are on the same version firmware correct?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

John Mortensen

PostWed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 pm

I have experienced this a few types. Power Cycling the Control Panel fixes it for me.

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 10:53 am

I have the same problem with my panel. I'm on 6.9 and have the same firmware on both computer, panel and switcher. One or more of power cycles get the panel to start correctly. Will try tomorrow to upgrade to latest build and see if the problem remains. I don´t think that you have anything to worry about since it´s stable when it has started correctly and I have had the same problem a long time without it getting worse.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

Robert Mungillo

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:Have you updated the firmware on the unit at all and if so, what version? Was it happening on the previous version of firmware if you have updated the unit? Also, both the switcher and the panel are on the same version firmware correct?

Thanks for the help, Yes, the firmware is up to date on the panel and switchers. And problem persisted before and after firmware update. Current version 7.2

Robert Mungillo

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 12:04 pm

John Mortensen wrote:I have experienced this a few types. Power Cycling the Control Panel fixes it for me.

Thanks John.

Robert Mungillo

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Hakan Taube Lyxzen wrote:I have the same problem with my panel. I'm on 6.9 and have the same firmware on both computer, panel and switcher. One or more of power cycles get the panel to start correctly. Will try tomorrow to upgrade to latest build and see if the problem remains. I don´t think that you have anything to worry about since it´s stable when it has started correctly and I have had the same problem a long time without it getting worse.

Thanks,
Yeah, I don't think its a firmware issue but its nice to know that the issue is a little more common than I expected.
I have another panel that has the external power supply and that one never gave me an issue. Can you tell me, are you using a newer panel with the internal power supply or an older model ?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Can you connect the panel back up to your computer and see if you can force the update to 7.2? If you cannot, try rolling back to the previous version and then back to 7.2. If you're still seeing the red lights on the panel after this, contact your regions support office and they can provide you further guidance and even possibly setting up a RMA.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm

We have the older model with external power supply.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

august1777

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Robert Mungillo wrote:Recieved a used Atem Panel and have to power cycle a few times to get it to turn on. If not, I get Pink buttons and no amount of waiting will do anything. When its on, it works great and stays solid. But having to turn it on and off multiple times to get it going is a bit worrisome .
Any ideas?

Got the same issue with this type of control panel

Panel is new. Downloaded the latest firmware 7.3.
Need to turn it on and off repeatedly to power up the unit normally

Hope BM support can give solution for this kind of problem
Attachments
IMG-20180226-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20180226-WA0000.jpg (126.05 KiB) Viewed 2806 times

Xtreemtec

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Looks like a Reset issue from the Main FPGA. Seen this too on the Echolab panels.. When you push the reset button on the FPGA board it does reset propperly with my panel that i have issues with..

The even color of all buttons comes from the chips the chips that control the LED's.. These do start up in a basic config that is not controlled by the FPGA right away.

Looking at the Smartbuttons all glitched up i say definitly start up issues..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production