Faster HDMI sync?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Eric Kron

Faster HDMI sync?

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 3:44 am

Hi,

Fairly simple projector setup in my church - 2 laptops drive our projectors (1 is in our sound booth, the other is in the pulpit). Signal comes out of PCs, HDMI to BMD micro HDMI-SDI converters, cheap SDI input switch, SDI to projector 1 (connected with BMD SDI-HDMI micro converter), SDI loop out of projector 1 to projector 2 (connected with BMD SDI-HDMI micro converter).

When I switch inputs, there's a 2-3 second delay while the projectors resync. Are there any solutions to reduce or eliminate this delay?

Thank you!
Eric

Xtreemtec

Re: Faster HDMI sync?

PostThu Sep 07, 2017 9:44 pm

1: Use a Smart Videohub Cleanswitch.. $1495
2: Use a Atem TVS HD $995
3: Use 2 SDI 2 HDMI mini converters (not micro). They have a mode that the monitor stays in sync while source changes.. BUT. The source must be of the same resolution and framerate.!! $600-700

So there is not a cheap way to do this.. But the recommended way is an Atem TVS HD. As you will have much more functions for value. Even live video if you want.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Eric Kron

Re: Faster HDMI sync?

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 am

Nice. I like the ATEM TVS HD option. Definitely overkill for my application though.

Thanks for your help again. It will be nice to have an answer for the questions that I know I'll be asked.

Eric

Return to Getting Started