Info on hardware for Fairlight?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mike Halper

Info on hardware for Fairlight?

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 4:10 am

There's no info on the hardware components required or recommended for using the Fairlight features in the configuration guide, or the manual, or on the BMD website. The only reference is that there is a a Fairlight accelerator card and some Fairlight boards on the Resolve/Fairlight product page, but no information on those products on the website. Where do we find out this much-needed information?
IMac Pro Hackintosh, 10 core i9, 64GB RAM, Radeon VII, Decklink 4K Mini Monitor, macOS 10.14.5, DaVinci Resolve Studio license

Derek Morrison

Re: Info on hardware for Fairlight?

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 4:31 am

Currently there's no information on the Control board or the fader unit. I just sent an inquiry in to BM and they said they still couldn't provide pricing information.

B&H has the accelerator card listed for $995 that allows for 1000tracks of audio with 6 low latency plugin's per channel.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... rator.html

Their Fairlight audio interface with I/O is listed for $2295 on B&H. I only assume it's the I/O unit, after doing extensive research about Fairlight's history.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... rface.html

A comparable single fader/Control console S6 board from Avid starts at $22k. Hopefully BM can continue to bring Professional gear at a reasonable price for everyone.

Jack Fairley

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 am

Derek Morrison wrote:A comparable single fader/Control console S6 board from Avid starts at $22k. Hopefully BM can continue to bring Professional gear at a reasonable price for everyone.

Not to mention the fact that their interfaces fall out of support pretty quickly...
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Robert Frank

PostWed Sep 13, 2017 7:16 pm

New to the forum and came here specifically to find out more about the Fairlight Audio Accelerator.

Is there any hint of whether or not this will work in a 2012 Mac Pro?

Uli Plank

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 am

I hope IBC will give some answers.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Marc Wielage

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 2:51 am

Blackmagic had one of these at their NAB booth in April:

I have been given the impression there's a possibility of a small-format audio console roughly the size of the Resolve Mini panel that will provide at least 10 faders. This would be fine for small shows, temp mixes, and stuff like that where you don't need a full studio console. Prices on this stuff are anybody's guess.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Robert Frank

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 am

Marc Wielage wrote:Blackmagic had one of these at their NAB booth in April:

I have been given the impression there's a possibility of a small-format audio console roughly the size of the Resolve Mini panel that will provide at least 10 faders. This would be fine for small shows, temp mixes, and stuff like that where you don't need a full studio console. Prices on this stuff are anybody's guess.

Thread bump for any information updates on the Fairlight Audio Accelerator card and related products.

Can any BMD reps chime in here? Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 am

We are preparing more detail on the Fairlight Accelerator and I/O which currently is supported only on Windows 10. There are currently no public details I can share on the console development. When I have more info I will certainly share it.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Robert Frank

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:We are preparing more detail on the Fairlight Accelerator and I/O which currently is supported only on Windows 10. There are currently no public details I can share on the console development. When I have more info I will certainly share it.

Thanks for the update.

Return to DaVinci Resolve