Timeline tracks won't scroll vertically with mouse wheel

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Greg Davis

Timeline tracks won't scroll vertically with mouse wheel

PostWed Sep 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Timeline tracks will not scroll vertically using Shift-mouse scroll wheel. This used to work but I cannot get it to work now. With audio or video tracks expanded too much to fit in the timeline space, this should work.

Note I have "Enable 2D Timeline Scroll" deselected in the View menu so that I can scroll the timeline horizontally with the mouse scroll wheel, though I don't believe this should impact the vertical track scrolling. btw, who knows what "Enable 2D Timeline Scroll" even does?
GregDavisDP.com
DP • Videographer • Editor • Seattle
Resolve Studio 14.0.0.78 • iMac (5K, 27", Late 2015) • OSX 10.12.6 • 24GB • 4 GHz Intel Core i7 • AMD Radeon R9 M395X • Pegasus2 R4 8TB

Peter Cave

Re: Timeline tracks won't scroll vertically with mouse wheel

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 am

Enable 2d scroll: Shift + wheel = Horizontal scroll, no shift = Vertical scroll.

The secret hidden User Manual PDF in the help menu will tell you lots of things like this!
Resolve 18.6.2 Mac OSX 13.6 Ventura
Mac Studio Max 32GB UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Greg Davis

Re: Timeline tracks won't scroll vertically with mouse wheel

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 10:00 pm

I wish I could turn off Enable 2D Timeline Scroll in the List menu and have the scroll wheel horizontally scroll the timeline without a modifier, BUT STILL HAVE TRACKS VERTICAL SCROLL. Seems like turning it off should just reverse the behavior but you lose the essential track vertical scrolling.
GregDavisDP.com
DP • Videographer • Editor • Seattle
Resolve Studio 14.0.0.78 • iMac (5K, 27", Late 2015) • OSX 10.12.6 • 24GB • 4 GHz Intel Core i7 • AMD Radeon R9 M395X • Pegasus2 R4 8TB

Return to DaVinci Resolve