Resolve 14 crash (looking for control surface) - SOLVED

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Joey D'Anna

Resolve 14 crash (looking for control surface) - SOLVED

PostWed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

Hey guys - I just upgraded my main machine (an HP z840, running windows 10 with 2 GTX1080s) to the release version of 14 (from 12.5.6).

Whenever I start resolve, it stops on "looking for control surface" - then just crashes.

I tried uninstalling/re-installing, I also re-installed 12.5.6 (which worked fine), and set my preferences to be no control surface and my default database to a blank database, just in case some old settings were messing it up, but it didn't help.

I posted logfiles here:
https://cloud.joeydanna.tv/owncloud/ind ... 95gGlwGkqj

I've opened a case with support, but was hoping maybe someone on the forum had seen this issue as well (the release version of 14 works perfectly on my other machine).
Last edited by Joey D'Anna on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joey D'Anna

Re: Resolve 14 crash on startup (looking for control surface

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 am

Solved it!

It was the nvidia driver - i checked the crash in windows event viewer and it was a dll related to nvidia, and updating to their latest driver solved it.

Return to DaVinci Resolve