Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Support

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Kel Philm

Fusion Support

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 am

I am writing this to get a gauge of others dealings with Fusion Support (I am based in Australia). I purchased Fusion Studio just about a year ago after transitioning from Nuke, challenging at first but I am very happy with it.
I recently sent a support query/bug list to BM (20 days ago) and have not had any response.

I have previously sent of queries and got nothing back or once a simple one liner that didn't answer anything.

The documentation for Fusion is pretty basic and there are not a lot of online examples and content for some of the newer stuff in V8 and V9.

I also wonder why more staff floating around this forum answering questions (like with Resolve), I don't mean the simple stuff and as far as I am concerned if you haven't checked the manual the you should not really be posting, but I am talking about all the undocumented features and strange behaviours. A good response here from BM would without doubt save a large number of support tickets.

However I do feel the support from the Fusion community is better than any around, guys like Chad, Bryan, Sander, Adelson (and all you others whom I am too lazy too mentioned, sorry!) answer a bunch of questions every day and leave a huge amount of knowledge here for the rest of us to access. I have learnt so much about Fusion from this community I just would like to see more involvement from support/developers who could save a lot of time, speculation and heartache by chiming in when needed.

alan bovine

Re: Fusion Support

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 5:51 am

No doubt Rony too. Support team with years of knowledge is super important. BMD should not rely on users to do basic support; or even advanced support.
Fusion video tutorials : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTCeDas53OEcWcRujkQiwLg/videos?view_as=subscriber
Fusion Tools : https://github.com/statixVFX/stx_tools
Nuke 2 Fusion nodes : https://github.com/statixVFX/nuke2fusion

Jules Clark

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 11:20 pm

I'd be interested to know how users can contact tech support at BMD? Currently I have been emailing any issues via an Australian reseller (I'm in NZ) and it can be a bit slow getting a resolution to a technical issue - which I guess is not surprising since the reseller isn't really getting paid to deal with software issues. I pretty much had to skip using Fusion8 and stay on F7 due to instability issues and other strange behaviour.

Back in the Eyeon days you could email directly to their support staff and you almost always got a prompt response, even just to acknowledge receipt and that they would look into it.
There's nothing worse than being on a deadline and all of a sudden a comp starts doing weird ****, or Fusion keeps crashing unexpectedly. You want to be able to get that problem sorted as quick as is possible, especially if you are a sole trader without in-house IT support - or without knowledgeable resellers in the same country.

I don't expect miracles, but it's nice to know there's someone you can contact who is directly involved with the software who may have some tips on what's going wrong.
I personally am amazed that the price of Fusion Studio is now only $299. I would be very happy to pay a lot more (as I used to when it was closer to $1k) if it meant support was more available. Perhaps BMD should consider paid subscription support as an add-on feature?

Kel Philm

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 5:44 am

Hey Jules, I am actually a Kiwi myself. I have a feeling it is the same reseller I have been dealing with, I think I will go direct to BM on this one as it seems everyone else here is getting some reasonable level of support.

Return to Fusion