Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Several Third Party OFX will not load in Fusion Studio 9

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Suhaib Siddiqi

Several Third Party OFX will not load in Fusion Studio 9

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 1:09 am

Following OFX will not load in Fusion Studio 9

1) Red Giant Universe 2.1

2) HitFilm OFX plugins

3) Magic Bulette

4) Twixtor plugin will prevent Fusion to start. It will crash it.

The third Party OFX feature in Fusion Studio 9 is great but it is very buggy and not compatible with the popular plugins from RedGiant, and Boris etc.

Uli Plank

Re: Several Third Party OFX will not load in Fusion Studio 9

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 2:40 am

Add Epicolor.

But many of those work in Resolve, just team them programs up.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 2:54 am

Uli Plank wrote:Add Epicolor.

Yes they do, does that mean BMD is forcing some users to buy Resolve? :-) For me, it does not matter, because I do have Resolve.
However, Twixtor Pro will crash the Fusion Studio 9. Fusion 9 will crash after splash screen if Twixtor is installed.... That means we have to live in previous century... Use Twixtor Pro in Resolve, then uninstall it, do work in Fusion Studio 9 then quit Fusion 9 and install Twixtor Pro... What a primitive way to do videos editing. Sounds like we are in year 1600....

PeterMoretti

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 3:44 am

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:...
2) HitFilm OFX plugins

Suhaib, just wanted to ask what you think of HitFilm, I'm assuming you're using Ignite.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Hideki Inoue

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 am

Sapphire has memory leak issue. GenArts can't find its workarounds.
But Resolve seems to be fine with Sapphire. :?
Fusion Studio v18.6.4 / DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS / 128GB RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 (546.33) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE / 128GB RAM / Nvidia RTX A5000 (536.67) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 11:09 am

PeterMoretti wrote:
2) HitFilm OFX plugins

Suhaib, just wanted to ask what you think of HitFilm, I'm assuming you're using Ignite.

I would say OK. I have a Trial version. I do not see much use of it for my projects. Therefore, I do not plan to invest after the trial expire.

michael vorberg

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

Yes they do, does that mean BMD is forcing some users to buy Resolve? :-) For me, it does not matter, because I do have Resolve.
However, Twixtor Pro will crash the Fusion Studio 9. Fusion 9 will crash after splash screen if Twixtor is installed.... That means we have to live in previous century... Use Twixtor Pro in Resolve, then uninstall it, do work in Fusion Studio 9 then quit Fusion 9 and install Twixtor Pro... What a primitive way to do videos editing. Sounds like we are in year 1600....

Did you see that post from me?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=63200&p=358425#p357795

Ofx is meant to be a general plugin standard but it far from it. You nearly need to build a separate version for each host software. This is also why most Ofx plugins come with a list of compatible software

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 3:54 pm

michael vorberg wrote:Did you see that post from me?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=63200&p=358425#p357795

Ofx is meant to be a general plugin standard but it far from it. You nearly need to build a separate version for each host software. This is also why most Ofx plugins come with a list of compatible software

Hi Michael,
Yes, I saw it and appreciate it.
However, to make a blacklist file is going to be time-consuming task. For example, none of the RedGiant Universe plugins load in the Fusion Studio 9. Red Giant Universe is a collection 128 plugins. I have to have a few hours free to create a blacklist file with path to each plugin which does not work with Fusion Studio.

It would have been a great help, if there were options in the Preferences to choose which plugins to load and which one to blacklist, then save the Preferences.

michael vorberg

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 5:53 pm

maybe you can use another workaround:

do the other apps have an option to specify a folder where they search for OFX plugins?

then you can move the plugins which dont work with fusion into that folder and leave the general working ones in the current

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 8:01 pm

michael vorberg wrote:maybe you can use another workaround:

do the other apps have an option to specify a folder where they search for OFX plugins?

then you can move the plugins which dont work with fusion into that folder and leave the general working ones in the current

I use Resolve, and Vegas, beside Fusion on a regular basis. Vegas does not have an option to seach OFX in another folder. I do not believe Resolve has this option either.

PeterMoretti

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
PeterMoretti wrote:
2) HitFilm OFX plugins

I would say OK. I have a Trial version. I do not see much use of it for my projects. Therefore, I do not plan to invest after the trial expire.

I have to say that I installed the free Express version and it seems to work okay. Resolve launches and the effects work so far.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 9:58 pm

PeterMoretti wrote:
I have to say that I installed the free Express version and it seems to work okay. Resolve launches and the effects work so far.

The issue is not Resolve, but Fusion Studio 9. I said that these plugins work in Resolve.

PeterMoretti

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Sorry, my bad. And if I had Fusion Studio I'd test it out.

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 am

PeterMoretti wrote:Sorry, my bad. And if I had Fusion Studio I'd test it out.

Good luck. Thanks for your concerns!!! You are answering on Fusion thread :D Resolve has its own thread. :)

Sam Steti

PostMon Aug 28, 2017 8:16 am

Hi there,

I also see a bunch of OFX which didn't load in a pop-up message list just after the launched splash screen (Fusion 8 Studio).
I could put the list here later on, but what I can say is all of them work in Resolve indeed... Not with a smashing performance for some of them but it works, and that's where I want them to work, I confess.

But one of them (neat) prevented Fusion to launch and I had to blacklist it, so if you want to do the same - so that you're not bothered anymore by the message about OFXs you knew that they wouldn't load anyway - you can check here the thread : viewtopic.php?f=22&t=63200&p=358425#p357795

PS : if you'd like the complete list of what doesn't load for info, just ask
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostMon Aug 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Sam Steti wrote:Hi there,

I also see a bunch of OFX which didn't load in a pop-up message list just after the launched splash screen (Fusion 8 Studio).
I could put the list here later on, but what I can say is all of them work in Resolve indeed... Not with a smashing performance for some of them but it works, and that's where I want them to work, I confess.

But one of them (neat) prevented Fusion to launch and I had to blacklist it, so if you want to do the same - so that you're not bothered anymore by the message about OFXs you knew that they wouldn't load anyway - you can check here the thread : viewtopic.php?f=22&t=63200&p=358425#p357795

PS : if you'd like the complete list of what doesn't load for info, just ask

Sam,
Thanks. I know what loads and what does not load in the Fusion 9. Twixtor 6.2.6 prevented Fusion 9 to start. I updated it to version 6.2.8. It loads now. Then there are 128 plugins from RedGiant which does not load.

I just have to live with a warning message that plugins did not load. It would have been nice if there was an option on the warning dialog box, beside OK, to save the list as a blacklist.

Uli Plank

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 am

Now that's a clever point, I second that. Shouldn't be difficult to code.

I wish they'd have had a public beta like DR, there are a few other rough edges to Fu9, but the camera tracker alone is worth it.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Sam Steti

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 9:26 am

Yep that's true... Mine (unloaded ofx) are here attached.
Attachments
ofx.fusion.png
ofx.fusion.png (83.66 KiB) Viewed 10650 times
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Rick van den Berg

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am

i got a slightly different bug (i think) here. if i have fusion already started, and i double click on a different project file, i get a similar pop-up with the message that some tools could not be loaded. and after that the project just doesn't open.

if i click on file --> open, it works fine, for some reason.

Donnell Henry

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 3:27 am

Blackmagic any word on this .. i just bought the studio dongle and all my red giant plugins don't load in fusion 9.
GODS CREATE

michael vorberg

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 11:29 am

Most likely it is a problem at the side of the plugin developer and not on the fusion side

Donnell Henry

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 11:39 am

michael vorberg wrote:Most likely it is a problem at the side of the plugin developer and not on the fusion side

I emailed the developers, so hopefully i’ll Hear something back soon
GODS CREATE

Niels van der Heijden

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 3:13 pm

The OFX version of neat video also does not work in 9.0.1 but does work in 9. Does someone have this plugin working in 9.0.1?

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Donnell Henry wrote:Blackmagic any word on this .. i just bought the studio dongle and all my red giant plugins don't load in fusion 9.

RedGiant website does not claim their plugins work with Fusion. It does list Resolve as one of the supported NLE. I do my most of the OFX work in Resolve before making a round trip to Fusion.
Last edited by Suhaib Siddiqi on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuri V. Nemets

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Niels van der Heijden wrote:The OFX version of neat video also does not work in 9.0.1 but does work in 9. Does someone have this plugin working in 9.0.1?

4.6 works with 9.0.1

Donnell Henry

PostThu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 am

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
Donnell Henry wrote:Blackmagic any word on this .. i just bought the studio dongle and all my red giant plugins don't load in fusion 9.

RedGiant website does claim their plugins work with Fusion. It does list Resolve as one of the supported NLE. I do my most of the OFX work in Resolve before making a round trip to Fusion.

All my OFX plugins are updated in red giant. Still after it loads it tells me 121 plugins didn’t load. Can you give me a list of at least 5 redgiant plugins that work in fusion. I’ll cross Reference your plugins with mine
GODS CREATE

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Donnell Henry wrote:
Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

RedGiant website does not claim their plugins work with Fusion. It does list Resolve as one of the supported NLE. I do my most of the OFX work in Resolve before making a round trip to Fusion.

All my OFX plugins are updated in red giant. Still after it loads it tells me 121 plugins didn’t load. Can you give me a list of at least 5 redgiant plugins that work in fusion. I’ll cross Reference your plugins with mine

As I wrote in the previous comment that RedGiant's website does not claim their plugins are compatible with Fusion Studio. They only support DaVinci Resolve. Also, none of the RedGiant plugins will work/load with Fusion Studio. I do OFX plugins work in the DaVinci Resolve before making a round trip to the Fusion Studio.

Donnell Henry

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 11:56 pm

RedGiant website does not claim their plugins work with Fusion. It does list Resolve as one of the supported NLE. I do my most of the OFX work in Resolve before making a round trip to Fusion.[/quote]

All my OFX plugins are updated in red giant. Still after it loads it tells me 121 plugins didn’t load. Can you give me a list of at least 5 redgiant plugins that work in fusion. I’ll cross Reference your plugins with mine[/quote]

As I wrote in the previous comment that RedGiant's website does not claim their plugins are compatible with Fusion Studio. They only support DaVinci Resolve. Also, none of the RedGiant plugins will work/load with Fusion Studio. I do OFX plugins work in the DaVinci Resolve before making a round trip to the Fusion Studio.[/quote]

Oh ok got it now thank you for clarifying Suhaib.
GODS CREATE

Jean Claude

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Niels van der Heijden wrote:The OFX version of neat video also does not work in 9.0.1 but does work in 9. Does someone have this plugin working in 9.0.1?

Hi,

Here it works very well with NeatVideo OFX 4.6 in Fusion 9.0.1 and Davinci Resolve V14 Release.

Edit : From NeatVideo website Sep 7, 2017 :

Added support for new versions of OFX host applications:

Foundry Nuke 11 (Windows, Mac, Linux)
BMD DaVinci Resolve / Resolve Studio 14 (Windows, Mac, Linux)
BMD Fusion Studio 9 (Windows, Mac, Linux)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

John Jajack

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 3:44 am

FXHome aka. Hitfilm confirmed to me that Ignite OFX (any version) are not designed to work with Fusion Studio or free. They will work with Resolve, but are not designed or optimized for Resolve so expect them to be nearly useless if you like to work near real-time.
Workstation:
Intel Xeon E5-2670 v1 (x2)
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB DDR3 1866mhz
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
AsRock EP2C602-4L/D16
Samsung 850 EVO SSDs

Marc Gasser

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Sapphire 10.120-1 OFX
Do load on Fusion 9.0.1 Studio Linux but after a moment Fusion freezes and you have to kill it. They are also not dragable from the Bins.. browser

RE:Vision RE:Lens Demo will prevent Fusion from starting up.
Talked to the tech support, they try to fix it.

Neat Video 4.6 (demo) seems to work

Working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
All plugins work fine on Resolve Studio 14.0.1

Is Blackmagic doing something to fix all this or do we have to contact all the plugin devs?
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, AMD Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 64 GB Ram.
https://www.pocketvj.com
https://www.magdesign.ch

michael vorberg

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 am

Most ofx problems are related to the plugin developer. If you see a version for a specific host software it is a indicator that it will not work with anything else.

Return to Fusion