Resolve 14 and Avid DV MXF Media

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Brent Marginet

Resolve 14 and Avid DV MXF Media

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 am

I was given an Avid Standard Def project and the Avid MediaFiles Folder with a bunch of DV MXF OP Atom Media that was digitized through Media Composer. I was given this because Avid refuses to allow any exports or even video mixdowns without crashing or constant errors popping up and to try and solve the issue for a client.

After some frustration getting nowhere in Avid I decided to drop this media into the Media Pool in Resolve 14 (free version) on a secondary system of mine. Resolve recognizes the media, links to and recognizes the Audio properly but there's one fairly major glitch which does not occur in 12.5.6. It doesn't recognize the entire file and it's play length properly. As an example one of the Videos is about 3 Hours and 28 Minutes Long in both Avid and Resolve Studio 12.5.6 but in V14 it comes up as about 2 Hours and 53 Minutes. So about 35 minutes of the video is missing in V14. I've check several of the other clips and all come up short.

I would like to submit this as a bug report but I know that it will fall low on the priority list of fixes because it's legacy SD Media.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve 14 and Avid DV MXF Media

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 4:41 am

Can you PM a link to a source clip for us to review?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Brent Marginet

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 4:53 am

Sure can but how can I send it privately and directly to just you.

Thanks

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 5:55 am

use the user control panel to send a mail to my user name
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Brent Marginet

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Peter.
Just wondering if you go my email with the link of my sample file.

Thanks

Return to DaVinci Resolve