BM UltraStudio 4K 2 / HDMI / Adobe PP CC

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Koos Wolf

BM UltraStudio 4K 2 / HDMI / Adobe PP CC

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 6:27 pm

When I connect the BM UltraStudio 4K 2 to a playback video recorder via a Composite / S-VHS to HDMI converter. In Adobe PP CC (last version) do I have sound but no image? Someone an idea what to do? I have installed the latest software from the BM UltraStudio 4K.

Thanks in advance and greet Koos
Full Adobe CC applications, Studio and Camera 4K, broad experience, all in-house. www.digitaalvideo.nl

Xtreemtec

Re: BM UltraStudio 4K 2 / HDMI / Adobe PP CC

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Koos What are you trying to do?
A "playback video recorder."
So the recorder is playing video? And you connect it by composite to hdmi converter and hdmi to the ultrastudio to ingest video into adobe??

If so try to connect the hdmi to a tv. and see if you have an image.. If not, look into that video to hdmi converter..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Koos Wolf

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 am

Xtreemtec wrote:Koos What are you trying to do?
A "playback video recorder."
So the recorder is playing video? And you connect it by composite to hdmi converter and hdmi to the ultrastudio to ingest video into adobe??

If so try to connect the hdmi to a tv. and see if you have an image.. If not, look into that video to hdmi converter..

Idd! On television, image, only in Adobe not. Also image in BM Media Express. Gr Koos
Full Adobe CC applications, Studio and Camera 4K, broad experience, all in-house. www.digitaalvideo.nl

Koos Wolf

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 am

Correct Daniel, well image on television and BM Media Express, but not in Adobe PP CC?

Xtreemtec

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 am

I'm not a Adobe savvy.. But if you have good image and audio in Media Express the hardware route is OKE!.

I'm not sure if Adobe can capture realtime from a BMD card or that you need to capture in Media Express and then import it into Adobe?!

It is not like the old DV cams that you could plug it in and ingest with transport control.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started