BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorder - unplug and replug HDMI

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Joel Porter

BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorder - unplug and replug HDMI

PostSat Jun 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this:

I have two BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorders. I connect each via thunderbolt to both a PC and a mac. If I power up the computer with an HDMI cable connected and 1080i 59.94 video signal coming through, the signal will show up black (on wirecast or BM Media express) yet it says there's a 1080i 59.94 signal recognised. It's not until I unplug the HDMI and replug it back into the recorder that the image shows up. If I unplug the thunderbolt cable from the computer with the HDMI in the studio recorder, it doesn't solve it. I have to unplug the HDMI cable from the studio recorder while it is plugged into the computer. It does the same thing on both computers.

And, I have to first get the image to be recognised in BM Media Express before wirecast (6.0.8) will even recognise it. It won't just work in wirecast.

It's not the signal or cable as I can plug in other devices to the same cables and signal and it recognises instantly.

Firmware is up to date. Computers are fairly new (MBP 2012 i7 Retina 8gb Ram, Lenovo T430s Thinkpad w/thunderbolt)

Once going they work great, but it's the initial setup that's the issue. All this plugging and replugging is going to wear out the sockets of the units and just takes a long time to do all this every time I want to use them.

Pierluca Taranta

Re: BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorder - unplug and replug HDMI

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 pm

I also have a lot of problems of this kind. Quite often I have to unplug and replug. I send the hdmi out of a roland videomixer V-1hd and the minirecorder only works when the hdmi signal in interlaced. No luck with progressive so far which is a real bummer
Pierluca Taranta

Marco Corzani

Re: BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorder - unplug and replug HDMI

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Following! I have the same problem!

Return to Post Production