Digital Monitor Recording in RTSP or Analog BNC/Component

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dale Wuttke

Digital Monitor Recording in RTSP or Analog BNC/Component

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 pm

I have an application where I need to record the monitor streams from 7 operators 2 primary display monitors(14 streams total).

The computers are running a standard windows 10 platform and the video is coming from a Nvidia Quadro graphics card. I could change up the graphics cards but would rather leave it as is due to the software compatibility work best with a Quadro CUDA card.

I have the ability to split the HDMI/DVI feed into an encoder and take the output in the form of an RTSP stream or preferably an Analog composite/BNC output. Even better would be a feedthrough HDMI in/out so I don't have to use an HDMI splitter.

The video will be stored in an IP surveillance video management system.

Historically I have been using an Epiphan DVI broadcaster, these have worked great but the cost has been an issue for my clients.

Very important is the 100% uptime with 100% duty cycle, these machines operate 24/7 in a mission critical operation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Dale

Xtreemtec

Re: Digital Monitor Recording in RTSP or Analog BNC/Componen

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 am

Can you change the IP Survailance for a SDI DVR??
If so you could put Decimator MD-HX or even LX between them. HDMI in and trough output. With extra SDI output. Then run these SDI outputs to a SDI DVR. (Which can also been monitored ands played back by IP in a browser... )

I think this could be a cost effective solution. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dale Wuttke

Re: Digital Monitor Recording in RTSP or Analog BNC/Componen

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello,
Thank you for the recommendations but I am restricted to the Avigilon VMS for video recording. With this platform I can only support IP or analog through IP encoders that do not support SDI just standard "composite Video 1.0 Vpp with 75 Ohm selectable termination".

Return to Getting Started