Fairlight send from stereo track sends only left channel

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Yuval Rakavy

Fairlight send from stereo track sends only left channel

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi!

I am just starting with Resolve (14.01, OSX High Sierra, iMac 27"). I have video with stereo channel. In Fairlight page, I created a stereo aux bus and I try to send the audio from my trace to this aux bus. For some reason, only the left channel is sent and there is nothing on the aux bus right channel. In the send dialog box, the pan control is disabled.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Yuval

GregDassie

Re: Fairlight send from stereo track sends only left channel

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 am

UPing the question because the audio LANES management in Fairlight needs a bit of clarification.

The track editing and management via Buses is quite covered in the manual but nothing about LANE selection...
Unless I made a mistake.

Please Mr Resolve...
Greg D

Yuval Rakavy

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm

I have wrote about this problem to Magic Design tech support, and this is indeed a bug that they managed to replicate. It seems to occur only on Mac OSX High-Sierra.

Hope that they will fix it soon...

Reynaud Venter

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 am

Yuval Rakavy wrote:It seems to occur only on Mac OSX High-Sierra.
Reproducible on OS X.11.6
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Yuval Rakavy

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 11:21 pm

The bug was not fixed in 14.2. Right now aux bus are not usable at all. I don't understand how such a problem can be pending for so long...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve