3G-SDI Level A and B

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
SNGBOB

3G-SDI Level A and B

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 am

I did a show with my sat truck today that was 1080p 3G-SDI Level A. My BMD audio monitor nor Terranex 2D would not recognize this signal. Does anyone if there is any plan to update the firmware to work with Level A, which seems pretty common? Its pretty annoying that I can't monitor this. My encoders and IRDs only work with A.

Does the latest firmware for the Terranex 2D support Level A? (my truck computer isn't Windows 8 so I can't update it, and I can't find info in the release notes)

Are there any BMD monitoring products that support Level A?

Xtreemtec

Re: 3G-SDI Level A and B

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 am

There have been several FW upgrades in the past to adjust for Level A. But not all products will receive this update..

You can very easy solve this issue for yourself if all your gear support Level B ;)
Put a teranex MD-HX in front of the chain and let it output to level B without scaling. Problem solved for $299
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

SNGBOB

Re: 3G-SDI Level A and B

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Is there any list of the equipment that handles Level A? Seems like this is something that should be in the specs, but its not.

Bob Zajko

Return to Getting Started