Canon 5D mark iii with magic lantern.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Troy Ramirez

Canon 5D mark iii with magic lantern.

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 8:48 pm

I know im in the wrong area for this quesiton, but I need some help. I bought my canon 5d mRK III a month ago. When I would transfer my files, the use to read "ps raw". now they show "MLV". I cant use almost all converters for this. Its annoying. I see some people shooting in raw and are able to convert their footage. Again, I know I am in the wrong area, but can someone shed some light with this?

Also, i record in 14bit, but when I use davinci, it shows up at 8bit. any thoughts? Thanks.

James Harkness

Re: Canon 5D mark iii with magic lantern.

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 1:48 am

Download the MLV player I thInk it's called. You can convert your files and review them all in the program

Troy Ramirez

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 9:01 pm

James Harkness wrote:Download the MLV player I thInk it's called. You can convert your files and review them all in the program

I tried with that. I use to use MLVFS, but it doesnt work anymore :/ I dont know why. I follow all the steps, and when the pop up window comes up, none of my files come up. Im confused. Have you used Mlrawviewer before?

Akpe Ododoru

PostSat Nov 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Troy Ramirez wrote:I know im in the wrong area for this quesiton, but I need some help. I bought my canon 5d mRK III a month ago. When I would transfer my files, the use to read "ps raw". now they show "MLV". I cant use almost all converters for this. Its annoying. I see some people shooting in raw and are able to convert their footage. Again, I know I am in the wrong area, but can someone shed some light with this?

Also, i record in 14bit, but when I use davinci, it shows up at 8bit. any thoughts? Thanks.

Try converting with RAWMagic (not the lite version)
Akpe Ododoru
Cinematographer
London
www.akpe.co.uk

Return to Post Production