Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Delta Keyer creating Moire Effect

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Michael McCaffrey

Delta Keyer creating Moire Effect

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 am

I've got some interview footage shot on the Red Scarlet-X and the footage is clean, nice looking with no Moire. I really like Fusion's Delta Keyer. Does an amazing job! Id like to use it, but one thing I noticed is that Fusion's Delta keyer is creating a moire effect over all the footage (even over the keyed out green screen part). I can see it in Fusion, and the moire appears on his suit jacket (which was not there previously). Any ideas on why that is happening? I rendered a ProRes 444 clip from Resolve into Fusion.

Also Id like to find a way to get my raw .R3D clip into fusion if possible. Since these edited clips are from a 45 minute clip, Id have to use a XML or AAF I think to get it into Fusion? If Fusion accepts XMLs or AAFs? Anyway, my main concern now is the moire effect.

Footage is 3840x2160. Red .R3D. Using Fusion 9.0 build 13
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

Michael McCaffrey

Re: Delta Keyer creating Moire Effect

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 am

I think I got the moire thing licked. It was being caused by the shadows slider in the tuning settings. My question now is more of a workflow issue. How can I get my edited .R3D clips into Fusion for keying without having to render them out?
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

Sam Steti

Re: Delta Keyer creating Moire Effect

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 am

Michael McCaffrey wrote:I think I got the moire thing licked. It was being caused by the shadows slider in the tuning settings. My question now is more of a workflow issue. How can I get my edited .R3D clips into Fusion for keying without having to render them out?

I don't think you'll be able to edit anything without rendering in the end. But anyways, I'd ingest my clips in Resolve and would make Fusion Connect clip. I've been doing this for weeks now on a project I'm finishing these times, and it worked well...
But yes, it was PR 4444 clips...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to Fusion