Decklink Studio 2 composite video capture problem

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Tore Volden

Problems with Declink Studio 4K card

PostSun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 am

Having installed my Decklink Studio 4K PC card, it works perfect for capturing digital video (form digibeta deck) via the coax connectors on the card, but switching to an analogue video source and the component or composite conectors gives me trouble:
What could it be, doctors?

Tore Volden

Decklink Studio 2 composite video capture problem

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi everybody here. Hope you can help me.
I'm having problems capturing analogue video from composite connected tape-based video sources using Decklink Studio 2 PC card. Have tried VHS, Analog Video 8 camcorder, Betamax SL-HF100 all with erratic result.

I am perfectly able to capture video from digital sources (as DigiBeta deck) via the "SDI in" and from some analogue sources via the "Component In" connectors, but when I connect a video source via the "Composite In" connector, the captured image is flickering and sometimes all gone. Look at this sample:

I use the Black Magic Media Express software for capturing. Before capture I make sure that the correct input and video formats are selected.

Any ideas, anyone?

Xtreemtec

Re: Decklink Studio 2 composite video capture problem

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 8:03 am

For old analog sources that come from tape you need a time base corrector to lock frame timing. Without that you get these issues.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Xtreemtec

Re: Problems with Declink Studio 4K card

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 8:07 am

Don’t post you question in 2 sub forums!! I just anwsered it in the Getting started forum.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started