Thai Film Shot, Edited and Graded with Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Thai Film Shot, Edited and Graded with Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Micro Panels were used to edit and color West Saharat’s directorial debut film, ‘Bug KookJe Go Inter.’ The full-length film was also shot with an URSA Mini 4K camera, a Blackmagic Production Camera 4K and a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera.

Saharat’s first theatrical outing was screened in 55 theatres around Bangkok, with an expansion beyond the Thai capital city planned. ‘Bug KookJe Go Inter’ is a film that encourages dreams, love and cultural preservation and is told as a romantic comedy. Three young Thai boys, who are fanatics of Korean culture, bump into their Korean idol OPPA in their very own hometown. They re-discover the charms of idyllic village life through the eyes of their new cosmopolitan Korean best friend. Along the way, boys become men and love soon follows.

“With my wife writing the script, I can say ‘Bug KookJe Go Inter’ is my greatest labor of love. Our budget was very limited, so I was unable to complete the movie in my initial projection of four months. When the production ran out of money, I had to re-organize the shooting schedule and film it in bits. It took three times longer, but as my wife says ‘Anything worth having never comes easy,” says West Saharat, director of ‘Bug KookJe Go Inter.’

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0171108-01

Return to Announcements