Basic effects

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Bart Coninckx

Basic effects

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 1:00 am

Hi all,

I just switched from KDEnlive to Resolve because I want to create professional looking videos. After seeing several Youtube videos I start to get the hang of it.
I need to redo some videos on Resolve and I need to recreate some of the effects in KDEnlive. This is where I run into trouble. It seems that some of the basic effects in KDEnlive are not available in the free version of Resolve (are there a lot more in the payed one?). I already added some open source effects (OFX) but I am still missing some fundamental ones I had before (not sure what their exact names were, need to check my linux laptop).
Are there any basic effects downloads available somewhere? They do not have to be free.

Cheers!

BC

Hector Berrebi

Re: Basic effects

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Considering you already found the free Ignite Express Plugin pack.
I recommend you check Red Giant's Universe. for 99$ a year it packs some really nice effects, good presets and a lot of basic stuff.

More expensive (but worth every penny) and very complete is Boris Sapphire I love having it in Resolve.

you can also download a trial version of NewBlue and play with it (water marked)

enjoy.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Bart Coninckx

Re: Basic effects

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi,

thank you very much for your reply.

In fact, I hadn't heard yet about the Ignite Express pack. Immediately downloaded it! Weird it did not come up in my Google searches.
Will check out the Boris and NewBlue stuff.

cheers,

BC

Return to Post Production