Clean Hdmi feed

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

hum18

Clean Hdmi feed

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 am

Hi,
Any one used JVC GC-XA1 ADIXXION action cam does it give clean HDMI feed.
What about gopro or sony action cam.

Scott Smith

Re: Clean Hdmi feed

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 1:29 am

Not the other two, but I've used GoPro's HDMI output. It's a micro-HDMi connector. I've always had to set it to 120 fps in order to get the ATEM switcher to recognize the 720p signal. Not sure about it's 1080i settings for live stuff, as I normally stick with 720p.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Joshua James

PostSat Nov 11, 2017 6:51 pm

I know this is an old thread but I would like to Open it back up instead of starting new. I see that many have done this with little trouble and am wondering why it is giving me so many problems.
I am trying to get Black magic to Capture my go pro live feed of my stage with little results. The input is 720p @50hz but still getting a black screen. Many devices will capture and display this input including my cheap Chinese video wall processor any type of monitor I plug it into etc.

What I am working with:
1 knock off go-pro (andoer) 4k capable
1 Micro HDMI to HDMI cable for above equipment.
1 lilliput 663 field monitor with hdmi in and out
1 HDMI cable to the Blackmagic Capture card.
Resolume Arena 5

Every time I try to connect the Capture Card to the "gopro" at the correct resolution (720p @50 hz)
It acts like it is trying to connect to the go pro and interrupts my signal flow to my field monitor and the go pro rear screen resets. I've tried a variety of different setting on both the capture card and the gopro with no luck.

Any advice would mean the world to me. I've been working on this project for months and now at the final stages am having problems just finding the Signal!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
BlackStar

Andrew Martin

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Couple of things to check..

Is the GP outputting 720/50 or is it simply the recording resolution that's set to 720/50
Connect to a tv hit the info button on the tv remote to tell for sure.

Also on the earlier model GP you had to set the frame rate to double to work with the atem. So 720/100 or 720/120. So this might work with ur model /copy/clone.

A.

Return to Live Production