Decklink Duo 2 issues after Windows 10 update

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

EricBaudour

Decklink Duo 2 issues after Windows 10 update

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Hey guys,

I have a small live stream that I run using a Decklink Duo 2 pulling 2 PCs and 2 camera feeds over SDI. For HDMI sources (from the PCs) I'm using Decimator MD-LX's. All SDI sources are running to a Decimator DMON-6S so I can view them on a separate monitor. I'm ingesting the feed in to Xsplit or occasionally OBS.

I was using the equipment today and it was working fine. I restarted the PC, Windows 10 updated (which I think is the problem) and when everything came back up, I no longer get any sources in Xsplit.

Here are my sources through Xsplit

My device manager isn't having a problem recognizing the Decklink

The Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup is being strange though. Sources 3 & 4 are showing just "SDI"

My program monitor is showing all of my sources so I know there is not a problem through my outputs, my MD-LX's, and my DMON-6S

Media Express only shows Decklink Duo (1) & (2) as sources. (3) & (4) are greyed out and not selectable. I can view (1) & (2) through Media express.

I opened OBS and it is able to pull Decklink Duo (1) and Decklink Duo (2) but the other two sources come up as black screens. Still can't get any sources to pull in to Xsplit though. So there must be a problem with my ingestion through my SDI right? I'm really at a loss here and I'm hoping someone is familiar with this problem. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank you.

EricBaudour

Re: Decklink Duo 2 issues after Windows 10 update

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm still suffering this issue. Any suggestions would help. I'm just sort of out of ideas at this point.

Asgeir Hustad

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers after the update? Sometimes, it seems like some BMD drivers or driver settings don't survive a system update, especially if there are changes to the underlying OS handling.

EricBaudour

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 5:51 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Video Installer v10.9.7 but I'm having the same issue.

At this point, I'm getting sources 1, 2 and 3 to come through to OBS and Media Express but not source 4. I can see source 4 in the monitor but when I try to view it in Media Express, its a black screen.

Jack Fairley

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 am

Uninstalling Xsplit and deleting all the appdata folders, then uninstalling and reinstalling the Desktop Video drivers, then reinstalling Xsplit worked for me.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

EricBaudour

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 pm

I did all of that, took the card out of the computer, unhooked everything, plugged it back in, reinstalled drivers then xsplit and it works now.

Thank you guys very much. Really appreciate the help.

Return to Live Production