Correctors in Nodes

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dave McIntire

Correctors in Nodes

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 am

A basic question I'm sure. Please bear with me, I've been at it all day.

So, I thought I was in the final grading stages of my vid, but noticed some static when playing through a clip on the Color tab, and that got me looking closer. It seems to be related to the dots...not sure, but heres the question:

Why do some Corrector lines have a white dot at the beginning of the keyframe timeline and other, similarly appearing Correctors don't have said dot? I can't make any sense of why about 1/2 my clip's Correctors have the dots and the other half of the clips don't. In other words, each clip either has em or it doesn't.

This image shows the dots to the left of the red line indicating playhead position:

Corrector dots.jpg
Corrector dots.jpg (375.47 KiB) Viewed 540 times

Thanks!

Marc Wielage

Re: Correctors in Nodes

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 am

The dots represent a keyframe cut. Generally those will appear on a cut, but not always. It doesn't matter -- the color will change on a clip cut no matter what. There is a trick to showing the keyframes at the beginning of every clip, but I honestly can't remember what that command is. I only worry about it when there's a keyframe start and end on a specific node.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve