Which speed booster for BMPC4K and Sigma 18-35mm

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Ben Collin

Which speed booster for BMPC4K and Sigma 18-35mm

PostSun Nov 26, 2017 6:16 am

Has anyone used a Metabones Speed Booster between a BMPC4K EF, and a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM AF Art? I need an aperture incense after stop-loss due to full CTB gel on my keylight. But the cost of a Metabones Speed Booster warrants my search for experienced voices. Grateful to read your findings.

Denny Smith

Re: Which speed booster for BMPC4K and Sigma 18-35mm

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 6:05 am

Not possible, no such Speed Booster exists. Yiu can not have an adapter between a EF Mount Camera and an EF lens, yiu do not have any difference in the FFD (focal flange distance) to accommodate the optical block. A Speed Booster is a focal reducer, think opposite of a Tele Converter, and needs a difference of FFD between a camera mount and a longer FFD lens mount, like MFT Camera (very short FFD) to a Nikon or Canon EF Mount (much longer FFD).

So Speed Boosters like the Metabones BMCC MFT Speed Booster work between the camera MFT mount and the EF or Nikon F lens mount. Speed boosters are also available for Sony E mount, which is shorter than the MFT mount.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Ben Collin

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 am

Thanks for that Danny

Denny Smith

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 6:00 am

You are welcome.
Cheers