Buying a used broken camera

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

alexis.yiangoullis

Buying a used broken camera

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 1:45 pm

So today I found a blackmagic pocket camera on ebay bidding at like 40£ and the seller said he broke it when someone put it on the wrong charger and the power circuit hence might be fried. Is there any way that can be fixed (I live in Cardiff btw) because it's a pretty solid deal for 40£...

Jack Fairley

Re: Buying a used broken camera

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Screen damage is one thing, but I would steer clear of anything that's had electrical issues.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Xtreemtec

Re: Buying a used broken camera

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 1:29 pm

2nd hand purchases almost always fall out of waranty and if the device is out of waranty. BMD will not repair it.

So watch out with buying 2nd hand gear that is older then it's waranty period or gear that is broken. As BMD have no external repair centres beside there own repair. Which is in a lot of cases a swap for a refurbished device. As long as it is in waranty. Outside of that 1 2 or 3 year depending on the product. if it breaks, it becomes a expensive paper weight. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Off-Topic