What firmware version should I be using for BMCC 4K?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Mark Ezovski

What firmware version should I be using for BMCC 4K?

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Haven't updated in a while and can't seem to find any info online pointing me to the firmware version that I should be running. Seems like the latest stuff is for the Micro Studio Camera?

In event I downloaded the 4.7.1 version and it's not seeing my camera.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Denis Kazlowski

Re: What firmware version should I be using for BMCC 4K?

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 12:59 am

Mark Ezovski wrote:Haven't updated in a while and can't seem to find any info online pointing me to the firmware version that I should be running. Seems like the latest stuff is for the Micro Studio Camera?

In event I downloaded the 4.7.1 version and it's not seeing my camera.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

This reply maybe somewhat unreliable, but BM used to ship all latest "firmware" for all their cameras inside of the Camera Setup bundle even when the Release notes did not say it was updating yours, during the time when your camera was actively updated or maintained. The 4.x or even 3.x may not have anything for you but the 1.x to 2.x branch definitely might.

If I were you I would start with Camera Setup 2.x and go either up or down a version to read the release notes, even though they may not state a 'fix' or 'update' for your device, they'll likely include the firmware for it. I don't know anything about 4.x packaging or if it suspended updating legacy devices below URSA Mini 4K etc..

Unfortunately you'll have to use your browsers search feature to go this deep down the line of released software inside the downloads tab.

Denny Smith

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 1:10 am

No, I am assuming you actually have the BMPC (Production Camera) 4K, as the BMCC is the 2.5K Cinema Camera. Then you actually want this FW update, the latest for thrnPriducion Camera 4K, and it will also add SDI time code out from the previous FW update:
Software Update12 Apr 2017
Blackmagic Camera 4.3.3 Update
This software update adds improved touchscreen performance and reliability for Blackmagic Production Camera 4K. Read more

Get it here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... al-cameras
Just scroll down the left column until you get to 4.3.3
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Mark Ezovski

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 am

OK, great, 4.3.3 sounds good.

Now I just need to get my PC to see the camera. It never ends!

Return to Cinematography