Recording on screen display problem

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Claudio Monni

Recording on screen display problem

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 8:53 am

Good morning, I'm new to Blackmagic so this is my question. I have a Micro Cinema Camera and a Video Assist 5" I'm using as recorder too. I'm using zebra lines on camera to help me focusing but that lines are recorded in the clip. Every helping tools I've set on camera are recorded on clips. How I have to set up my equipment to use that on screen tools avoiding to record them on clips?

Xtreemtec

Re: Recording on screen display problem

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 3:37 pm

You have to turn them off in the camera. And setup your VA to do these functions like zebra, peeking, focus etc.. ;)

When you do this on the camera this will be overlayed on your SDI video feed.. And thus get recorded in the VA as it records the video output of the camera.

So turn everything off that you have a clean output on the screen.. And then start turning on functions in your VA
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started